Friday, 2 November 2012

My Experience With MTNL Triband- Disappointing!

                     So as you are here, you must be knowing that MTNL is a landline provider in Mumbai & Delhi. It also provides a broadband connection. So basically i was looking for a Internet Provider & found MTNL's Internet Plans very cheap. So i decided to give it a try. I applied for a landline because landline is compulsory for broadband.

                   That service was very fast. The pretty next day they installed the landline. The man they sent for installing  spent almost 4 hours searching for the wire itself. Then at last he found out the wire which lead to my apartment. There were 3 open joints in the wire which he didn't bother to seal & just proceeded ahead. Installed the landline & went away. After 3 hours i got a call that your landline is working but there was alot of disturbance in the wire. They took the next 2 days to solve this problem.

                  After 4 days they informed me the username & password on the phone (as i was using my own modem). I inserted them both & internet started working. Then i found that the speed is pretty low. I got max 200 kbps day & nite. My plan promised 512kbps (8am-6pm) & 1Mbps (6pm-8am). I launched a complaint the very same day & after an hour i got a call that the connection was fixed. But still the same problem.

                 So i thought that my old modem was faulty. So i bought a new modem + wireless router worth Rs. 3000. Installed it & still the same speeds. Today its been 3 weeks since then. I have been calling them every single day & they keep on calling me again about the same. They say that they have fixed the problem but it doesn't get solved here.They didn't even send anybody to check personally what was the problem. They do say that they sent some one to check the line. but he never arrived at my place. I also got some weird replies that your computer or modem is faulty. Dumb B**tards. I am a pure techno-freak & i have the complete idea of how this thing works.So i am fed up & decided to surrender back the connection.

If you are also looking for a broadband, DO NOT GO FOR MTNL. Go for private broadbands. They charge a bit high but their service is excellent.

I live in Prabhadevi in Mumbai. Just incase you were wondering about the place of this service.

Edit : Using Private Broadband with 1Mbps connection. Works Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment